Here’s where I am with only half a month left in 2015…
The follow-up to eBay Marketing Makeover is partially written but isn’t anywhere finished enough where I can tell you a release date. I’m aiming for next year but there are a bunch of others things taking precedence. Once that book is finished, I’ll not only be releasing it as a standalone eBook, I’ll also combine the two books into a paperback release.
- My next non-fiction release will likely be a book about NaNoWriMo, compiled of old blog posts I’ve written in my decade with that event. That book is in the first draft state and, though it’s finished, it’ll need some heavy editing that I have no idea when I’ll be able to do because…
- On the fiction side, I’ve got a TON on my plate. I outlined that in greater detail in this post so I won’t repeat myself but there’s been a big shift in my career in the last year and, after decades of the opposite, suddenly my writer life is more profitable than my selling life and requires more of my time. Does this mean I’m not selling anymore? Of course not. But it does mean it’s changing how I work and what I work on. I’ve got to prioritize because time is still at a premium and will be for the foreseeable future. It’s hard to justify spending a week listing eBay items that will only pay once versus a play that will mean income for the entire rest of my life (+90 years after my death, thanks to copyright law) so I’ve had to rethink some things.
- I’m setting up a designated webstore just for selling eBooks and advertising and hope to launch that soon. I’m also looking into another way to monetize this site without having to clutter it up with ads that I hope to have ready within the next few months.
- I’ve been dithering about the whole Hillary “The Whine Seller” DePiano vs Hillary DePiano the Playwright / Fiction Writer thing for my entire internet life. Sometimes I think I should just combine everything under one website and make it simpler on myself but, more often, I feel like it would be a heck of a lot easier to brand and market my books and blogs if I separated the two identities out. Circumstances are driving me to the point where I’m going to have to make a decision on that soon so stay tuned for that.
- I’m hoping to get the rest of both eBay Marketing Makeover and Sell Their Stuff scheduled so they’ll be plenty of new posts on the site throughout 2016 no matter how busy I get.
- Lastly, based on a lesson I learned over on my writing blog, I’m going to start doing a personal update kind of post like this on The Whine Seller monthly. I tend to only focus on articles and news over here and I think it’s time to “get real” as it were and make this blog a little more human because that’s made a big difference on the other site.
I’ll talk in greater length about all of this in the coming months but, for now, thank you for sticking with me as I figure this dual career thing out and I hope to have bigger and better things for you in the time to come!