When I announced my Twitter contest, I promised that I’d have a contest just for readers and I’m please to announce that today. This contest will be easy, free to enter (as always) and I think you’ll really like the prize.
I thought long and hard about what offer the winners, after all, I have a rather varied readership and we cover a variety of topics on this blog. But what I realized is that the one thing we all share is that every one of us has something to promote. Whether you want to get more Twitter or Facebook followers, lure more readers to your blog or podcast, are an author with a book to promote or want to bring buyers to your webstore, the one thing that every one of us could use is more advertising, especially if it’s free, right?
So the only thing you need to do to enter this contest is to tell me in the comments below what it is you have to promote. Feel free to share a link if you want. Then I’m going to pick two random comments from this post and each of those two winners get free banners ads with unlimited impressions on The Whine Seller though January 1st, 2011.
That’s right, you get an unlimited number of banner impressions on this site from the end of the contest until the end of the holiday retail season. That’s free advertising right when you need it most. See, I told you you’d like the prize. 🙂
Let’s recap in a nice, clear way.
How to Enter:
Post a comment on this blog post telling me what you have to promote before midnight (EST) on October 10th, 2010.
How Winners Will Be Chosen:
Comments on this post will be numbered from oldest to newest with duplicates from the same user removed. I will then get two numbers from Random.org’s Random Number Generator. The comments that match those numbers are the winners.
What they win:
Each winner wins unlimited impressions of a single 120×600 Skyscraper Banner ad in the center of The Whine Seller sidebar until midnight on January 1st, 2011.
Some notes and tips:
- Winner will need to email me the desired banner and link and I’ll start running the banner ads as soon as I get them.
- Please make sure that you comment with your valid email in the email field. Don’t worry, only I can see that info but without valid contact info, I can’t contact you if you win.
- This is a very prominent and eye catching ad block and I’m offering it to you as a prize because I love my readers. 🙂 Ads load randomly so banners will be either left or right at different times. I also promise not to ever have more than 4 banners running in that spot at a time to ensure your prize banners are guaranteed to get a minimum of half of all traffic to the site.
- I cannot accept Google Adsense, Chitika, Adbrite or eBay Partner Network or Amazon Associates banners because of my own existing advertising relationships with those companies. That said, if you want to link to an Amazon or eBay store without referral tracking, that is completely fine. Sorry about this, don’t want to run afoul of anyone’s TOS.
- I get final approval of any banners so please no adult content or other objectionable material.
- While duplicate comments will be removed, there is no penalty for posting more than once so feel free to do so, just understand that only your first post will count. But, you are welcome to increase your chances of winning by asking friends to enter on your behalf. I am totally cool with that.
Think of how annoyed you’ll feel for the rest of 2010 if you forget to enter and have to see your competitor’s ad every time you visit this site. You better get your entry in now before you forget. 🙂
I’m giving away a really good prize so I’m hoping to get a lot of entries so please, don’t be shy.
Oh and want to forgo the whole contest routine and just buy some ad space on this site? As of today, you can do that too.